Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Since Then...

Can it really be almost two years since I last blogged on this site?  How did that much time pass by?

Since then...
I have grown as a "Nina" - watching our grandson grow to be almost 4, adding another grandson in August, and expecting another in September.

Since then...
I have grown as a "Survivor" as we faced cancer - my husband and I - and won.

Since then...
I have grown as a "Warrior" - tackling post-partum depression and melanoma with our daughter.

Since then...
I have grown as a "World Explorer" as our son and daughter-in-law made Australia their home and our youngest began work for a company in Ireland. 

Since then...
I have grown as a "Learner" - blogging for the Iowa Department of Education, moving into the prospectus stage with a PhD in Education, presenting at various conferences, and helping to begin a movement in our district towards being trauma informed.

Since then...
I have grown as a "Visionary" in knowing there is more to life outside the world of education -  more to a world beyond standards and learning targets, a world beyond assessments and planning - two years older but wiser as I move towards retirement in June. 

There are adventures ahead but this time in areas beyond a classroom or a conference table, adventures beyond the familiar and steady world of curriculum -  I move towards adventures untaught, unthought, and unsought -

Since then...
I have grown as a "Dreamer..."


No comments:

Post a Comment